Monday, May 2, 2011

Wild Weekend: Chicago

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of visitng Chicago for the first time and it was wonderful. Here are a few of my favorite things...

The Magnificent Mile
(Because, where else do my three favorite places exist on one block?)



Sunshine and a Breeze
(The perfect excuse to wear a leather jacket {this one is one that I bought in Florence, and though it left me almost broke, it always makes me happy. My jeans are GAP, my shoes RL, silk top is from my grandmother and my necklaces were both gifts.})

 The Most Beautiful
(There are countless churches in Chicago, all of which are magnificent in their own unique ways. The architecture in this windy city is so detailed and rich in history; I love the metropolitan feel of Chicago, and the fact that it hasn't lost any historical value.)


And Breathtaking
(I'm a total city girl and with a skyline like this, Chicago has me sold as a favorite.)


Hi my lovelies,
Well, this weekend was amazing, not only did we stay with the best host/tour guide/lovely person in the whole city of Chicago, but he also took us absolutely everywhere there is to go. Amongst these many places were some amazing eateries; we flew in on Thursday evening and were taken to this wonderful, family style, Italian restaurant called Tufano's. The next afternoon we ate lunch at RL (which belongs to Ralph Lauren, with the intent that his customer's would have a place to dine after the shop), and that night we were off to Gibson's (a famous steakhouse in the heart of the city) - needless to say that everything was superbly delicious. Unfortunately, there was some business to get down to, so I didn't have too much time to shop, but browsing proved to be just enough, seeing as though the Magnificent Mile is ah-mazing. A great thanks to our host and I hope that you all, if you haven't already, take a trip to Chicago at some point in time because it truly is one of my new favorite places. Have a great Monday!
xoxo,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment